Glass Scrying Mirror
17 cm x 17 cm
Scrying mirrors are a divination tool for looking into past lives, and past, present, and future events.
The black scrying mirror, also known as the "magic mirror" is a powerful metaphysical tool. It can reveal to the user secret hidden knowledge and clairvoyant ability and can act as a portal to other planes of existence in our universe.
One of its most famous known users was Nostradamus, who could tell by staring into the mirror events far into the future.
Scrying Mirror Rules
- Always keep the surface very clean using alcohol and a soft cloth.
- Never use it for anything but its intended purpose.
- Do not let others look into its surface, except in ritual context. Keep it stored in a silk bag when not in use.
- Practice the visual exercises described following until mastered.
- Keep the working area clean and free from any disturbance.
- Generally, scry using the mirror at night, preferably during the full or new moon, depending on the operation. The mirror can be used at any time, but tends to work better at these points.
- When indoors, light two votive candles, one on each side of the mirror. Use white or coloured candles appropriate to the work: blue for healing, purple for psychic work, orange for communication, and so on.
- Burn a lunar or psychic blend incense before working with the mirror.
- Place the mirror on a wooden table or altar with a clean cloth beneath it and be seated on a wooden chair in front of it, or if you prefer, assume a comfortable asana on the floor with the mirror before you.
- Extinguish all light sources except the candles and/or moonlight.
- Allow nothing to reflect in the mirror's surface. It should appear as a dark tunnel or window.
- Before starting, always create a sacred space to work in. Cast a circle of protection or visualise the area surrounded by white light and protection from false or misleading influences - call your guides and guardians to protect the working.
- Keep a journal to record your experiences.
Your inner eyes will now open, and the journey into the mirror begins. Remember that the inner eye sees inside the mind, through the magical imagination. Most people when scrying do not see the images appear with the physical eyes on the mirror's surface but see within the mirror and in the mind's eye. The mirror acts as a focal point, a gateway within.
When you have completed your journey or work you set out to do, begin the return to your body and ordinary senses. Breath fully and deeply, and remain still until you feel you have completely returned. Now close your eyes and remember all you saw and felt during the scrying or journey. Review your entire experience mentally.
Write it all down immediately in a journal kept specifically for this purpose.
To Begin to SeeThis exercise is well worth the effort; it gives magical discipline and strengthens the inner eye so visions can come with clarity and ease.
Charging the Mirror with Light
To charge and empower the mirror with light force is a simple but powerful process. It should be done frequently, especially just before using the mirror, so as to ensure you see correct visions, connect with positive energy and do not experience interference.
First, you must imagine that white light is collecting inside your body, being channelled down from the crown chakra. The body becomes a vessel filled with light. Remember to breathe fully, deeply and rhythmically. Now stand in front of the mirror and direct the palms of your hands toward one another. Imagine that the internal light is now moving into your hands, forming a ball of condensed white light between them. See and feel this clearly in your imagination. When ready, begin to project this ball of light into the surface of the mirror, purifying and enlivening the mirror, filling it with magical force. See the light "soak" into the mirror. This process needs to be repeated until the mirror feels "full."
This process can also be used to give a special or programmed charge to the mirror. Follow the steps preceding and create the ball of light between your hands, then mentally project your desire into the light before projecting the light into the mirror. This technique can be used for healing works and self-improvement. You can also charge the light with a specific colour or vibration - whatever can be felt or imagined can be put into the mirror to aid the magical energy. The empowering exercise can be used for other magical operations as well, such as charging other magical tools and the giving of healing light to another person. All it takes is a strong desire and powerful imagination.
Locking the charge into the mirror is accomplished by willpower. When the light has been absorbed into the mirror, state in your mind and with all the faith you can muster that the charge will remain as long as you require it. To release or remove a special charge, simply reverse the procedure, pulling the light out of the mirror into the space between your hands. Then disperse the energy into the atmosphere through the imagination. Do not draw it back into the body - see it return to the universe.